Having a healthy balanced diet is essential to living a healthy lifestyle. This ensures that you are consuming a wide range of foods that provides you with the nutrients you need to function correctly. As a provider of home care in Hammonton, New Jersey, we emphasize the importance of a healthy diet for our patients.
As a caregiver in Hammonton, NJ, we often bring up the following reasons why a balanced diet is important, especially in seniors:
- It lowers their risk of developing chronic health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease
- A poor diet can put them at risk of muscle and bone weakness
- It improves the function of the immune system in preventing diseases and infections
- It can help maintain a healthy weight
It is also essential to have a balanced diet as various factors put seniors at risk of malnutrition. This can include:
- A decreased appetite due to changes in the taste of smell and taste
- Medical conditions and medications that can reduce the appetite or ability to absorb nutrients
- Dietary restrictions that can cause undereating
Are you in need of home care services in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to ensure you are eating a healthy balanced diet? We at Trifecta Home Care LLC can help you achieve the quality of life you deserve.
We offer various services, including 24-hour in-home care, dementia care, veterans care, personal hygiene, and others.